501 (c) 3 non-profit TNR (Trap, Neuter, Return) of feral cats in Allegany County, NY. The feral and homeless cat population is out of control. We are trying to reduce it in our area so they don’t end up in animal shelters or sick and injured due to lack of proper care.
Annual number of cats Trapped, Neutered and Returned to the same area where they were trapped:
2017: 142 (as of May 22)
Live release rate:
2016: 245 cats, 99.59%
2017: 141 (as of May 22) , 99.29%
Based on calculatorsoup.com formula.
How to find what percent of X is Y. Use the percentage formula: Y/X = P%
Example: What percent of 60 is 12?
- Convert the problem to an equation using the percentage formula: Y/X = P%
- X is 60, Y is 12, so the equation is 12/60 = P%
- Do the math: 12/60 = 0.20
- Important! The result will always be in decimal form, not percentage form. You need to multiply the result by 100 to get the percentage.
- Converting 0.20 to a percent: 0.20 * 100 = 20%
- So 20% of 60 is 12.
- Double check your answer with the original question: What percent of 60 is 12? 12/60 = .020, and multiplying by 100 to get percentage, 0.20 * 100 = 20%